Tuesday 2 October 2007

Life, Death And The In Between

I have always wondered where the concept of Life and Death began, as a catholic, I understand the basics of Gods creation and the story of Adam and Eve, however for me these basics are not enough, I want to know who decided we will live to eventually die? and why?, who decided we would have two legs?, two arms? four fingers and a thumb?, where did the ability to walk begin?, who created disease?,who decided we would live in houses? who decided what houses would look like?. Who created a male and female?, the words mum and dad?, gran and grandad?, who created words?, I could go on all night, theres so many questions I would like answers to however i do not believe i understand the language of the bible enough to get some answers, I want to hear opinions i want to know if anyone else thinks about these things and the most important question id like to ask is whats the reason for our eventual death?.

1 comment:

Ian Tomps said...

Its frustrating to think that we wont know the answers to some of lifes most baffling questions. I've always wondered why we're on the planet, what is our purpose? to simply live and then die? I'd like to think that after we die we go on to a better place where we leave the harsh reality of this world behind us.I dont know why we have 4 fingers and a thumb Louise sorry!