Friday 23 November 2007

Ta Pinu and The Feast, Viva Madonna Tal-Grazzja


Catholism as I mentioned in yesterdays blog is something that is devout, particularly to Our Lady of Grace, to whom the city of Zabbar Sanctuary is dedicated. The paintings and other artefacts in the village church museum are beautiful. I strongly believe that this belief, is the reason for the beautiful nature of the Maltese people. Church is a very important part of the Maltese life and its these beliefs that makes the Maltese such nice, kind and caring peple.
Every year I visit Malta, Ta Pinu church in Gozo is somewhere that I always visit, the church notorious for being a miracle church. I really enjoy visiting this church, it gives you hope when perhaps there is none. 
The feast is another of the most memorable events in Malta and as a child I enjoyed many in Zabbar, the singing the dancing the band and the shear enjoyment of the weekend celebrations is something thats hard to put into words. My family are supporters of Ghaqda Madonna Tal-Grazzja Banda San Mikiel, or the Greens as they are known, however I did attend a Rave of the Societa Filamonica Maria Mater Gratias or Blues, a few years ago, as one of my cousins is a supporter, however our great aunts and uncles are not aware of this or there would be big trouble. The fireworks the church bells, the colours, the motorcycle and bicycle race, a fantastic event which can be enjoyed by young and old. The family gathered on the streets as I was carried high the shoulders of my uncles and paraded around with my green flag, pretending to know the words of the songs that were being sang. The feast days are the most happy memories of Malta I have the whole family would celebrate together and as the years go by those family members who were there at the feast when I was child and are no longer and its these memories that account for the happier days of life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.